This course introduces the essential building blocks to align a dental practice with the complexities of the Ionising Radiation Regulations. By the end of the course the attendee will understand what is required to become inspection ready.
The course tackles fundamental questions such as:
- What are the acceptable radiation compliance standards necessary to comply with the regulations as overseen by HIQA, EPA, and the Dental Council?
- What level of documentary evidence, personnel training, and practice governance meets the minimum standards?
- How to prepare for a HIQA radiation inspection?
Online course length: 90 minutes | 1.5 CPD core points | Certificate of attendance
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for practice managers and owners, radiation protection officers (RPOs), dentists, and dental nurses who take the lead on Ionising Radiation and Radiation Protection within the practice. This introductory course identifies the path towards strengthening radiation compliance structures and getting the practice processes ready for an inspector’s visit.
This may include:
- Practice Managers/Operations Managers
- Practice Owners/Undertaking Representative
- Radiation Protection Officer/Dentists
- Senior Dental Nurses/Compliance Leads
- Examine statutory controls, legal aspects, and organisational framework of radiation protection.
- Review basic first principles for radiation protection systems.
- Review authorised roles and responsibilities.
- Consider the implementation of the legislation in dental practice.
- Identify key requirements for the protection of patients, workers, and the public.
- Outline the HIQA assessment and inspection processes.
A record of attendance at this core CPD subject should be available as required by an inspector and maintained for at least 5 years.