Introduction: Dental team members who are authorised to carry out the practical aspects (physical conduct) of ionising radiation should be up to date with and aware of their obligations with national medical ionising and radiation protection legislation.
This course is appropriate to the level of responsibility and tasks performed by persons who are working in the environment of ionising radiation and delegated responsibilities for the practical aspects (physical conduct) of medical exposures.
This course satisfies obligations set out in Regulation 22 of S.I. 256 of 2018. A record of this training should be maintained for at least 5 years.
Who Should Attend: This course is designed for persons who are delegated to carry out the practical aspects (physical conduct) of ionising radiation.
This may include:
- dental nurses
- dental hygienists
Course Aim: To review the National and European legislation governing the use of ionising radiation in dentistry as it effects operators delegated the practical aspects of medical exposures.
- Examine statutory controls, legal aspects, and organisational framework of radiation protection
- Review basic first principles for radiation protection systems
- Review authorised roles and responsibilities within the dental setting
- Consider the implementation of the legislation in dentistry
- Identify key requirements for the protection of patients, workers, and the public.
Video Lesson, Post-Course Evaluation, CPD Certificate of Attendance