This course introduces the essential elements of healthcare risk waste which occur in dental practice. Regulatory variations exist between managing sharps and non-sharps waste items.
By the end of the course the attendee will be informed of basic safe management systems for the various waste streams.
The course tackles fundamental challenges such as:
- How to identify, segregate and safely store the various risk waste streams.
- What is a practice owner’s or a clinical operator’s legal obligations when handling waste sharps?
- What level of documentary evidence, personnel training, and practice governance meets the minimum standards?
Online course length: 45 minutes | 0.75 CPD core points | Certificate of attendance
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for practice managers and owners, safety officers, dentists, and dental nurses who take the lead on Healthcare Risk Waste within the practice. This introductory course identifies the path towards strengthening compliance structures and getting the practice processes ready for an inspector’s visit.
This may include:
- Practice Managers/Operations Managers
- Practice Owners/Safety Officers
- Dentists/Dental Hygienists
- Senior Dental Nurses/Decontamination Leads
- Consider the legal framework.
- Identify authorised roles and responsibilities.
- Examine key requirements for the protection of patients, workers, and the public.
- Review current best practice for managing waste sharps and non-sharps.
- Documentary evidence.
A record of attendance at this core CPD subject should be available as required by an inspector and maintained for at least 5 years.